Affordable Connectivity Program
The Federal Communications Commission established the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in 2022, and it provides a discount on internet service for low-income households. The ACP discount is available for eligible residential internet customers only, and program participants will receive a monthly credit on their Buzz Broadband bill.
Residential discount for internet
- ACP Discount: $30/month discount for internet service
To be eligible for the ACP discount, you must meet at least one of the following income-based requirements:
- Income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Participate in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, or WIC
- Participate in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year
- Receive a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- On May 17, the ACP launched a Spanish-language landing page at the following link: accedeainternet.gov. Just as with the English-language landing page, the Spanish-language landing page contains ACP qualification and application information for Spanish-speaking residents.
- The ACP also maintains a Consumer Outreach Toolkit in both English and Spanish In addition, the ACP application is available in English, Spanish, and multiple other languages.
- The ACP Support Center has application support for over 200 languages and can be reached at (877) 384-2575 or ACPSupport@usac.org.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We will not be able to put a customer on the ACP program until Buzz Broadband is live inside the home. There is a rule that after the ACP is added to an account, there can’t be a gap with no usage for more than 30 days. Since it could take longer than 30 days to be scheduled, installed and invoicing begins, we are encouraging ACP eligible Buzz Broadband customers to wait and call us about adding the program to their account when Buzz goes live in their home. Just call 833-399-BUZZ (2899). Thank you.